Clipdraw Selection Guide & FAQ
- Are the Clipdraws for revolvers compatible with laser grips?No.
- Why won’t S&W (J) frame revolver Clipdraw fit Taurus or Rossi revolvers?
- Are Clipdraws #1911 and #OM compatible with all ambidextrous safeties?
- Which Clipdraws can be mounted on either side?
- Will the tape used to mount the Universal Clipdraws eventually come loose?Absolutely not. 3M developed this VHB (very high bond) double coated tape for permanent attachments to metal or plastic. It is used extensively in the automotive, aircraft and construction industries. However if removal is required, the tape’s unique “stretch release” technology allows it to be peeled off easily with no residue. Results of adhesion and removal testing can be found in the COMBAT HANDGUNS MAGAZINE product review.
- Will the tape hold the Universal Clipdraw on a large frame handgun?Absolutely! According to the 3M product specifications a 3″ × ¼″ strip of VHB tape will provide 20 lbs. of adhesion. Most of the work of holding the gun in place is done by the waistband and belt. Basically the Clipdraw prevents the gun from sliding down. For this task just 2 or 3 lbs. of adhesion would do the job.
- Which Clipdraws adjust for depth of carry?Universal Clipdraws #SA and #RV adjust for depth of carry through positioning of the mounting plate. Attach the mounting plate further forward on the gun for higher carry and maximum accessibility or further back for lower carry and maximum concealment. Many customers (including Glock, 1911 and S&W revolver owners) prefer the Universal Clipdraws for this reason.
- What is your return policy?If you are not completely satisfied with any Clipdraw products for any reason, you can return them for a full refund (including S&H charges). Just drop the items in the mail with a note requesting a refund or exchange. Your refund or exchange will be processed the same day we receive it.
|Clipdraw Model||Fits these handguns|
|“Universal” #SA (black or silver)
SEMI-AUTOMATICS (virtually all models) — confirm by checking gun for required mounting space.
|“Universal” #RV (black or silver)
REVOLVERS (virtually all models) — confirm by checking gun for required mounting space.
|#1911 (black or silver)
MODEL 1911: (Full Size and Commander).
|#OM (black or silver)
1911 COMPACTS: (Officer’s Model, Compact, Defender)
|#JF (black or silver)
SMITH & WESSON REVOLVERS: Small (J) frame
|Saf-T-Blok||Fits these GLOCKS|
|#4 (left or right handed shooters)
||All post 1998 Glocks (including models 29/30) and pre 1998 models 29/30.
NOTE: All post 1998 Glocks have finger grooves on the grip.
|#2 (left or right handed shooters)
||All pre 1998 Glocks except models 29/30.
NOTE: All pre 1998 Glocks do not have finger grooves on the grip.